Sunday 1 February 2015

Buxton, Battle Horse

Ever since a trip to Denmark where I sampled the glorious Mofo Stout, I've always expected my ideal drink to be a DBIPA, although up until now, I'd never actually had one. I've discovered that Kernel did one but I'd not seen any other versions until this one from Buxton. It was excellent of course, low viscosity, big DIPA character with burnt malt bitterness at the edges. An Untappd friend described it as 'a DIPA but black', which is more or less spot on: the 'black' characteristics were very much at the sidelines.

(On a purely personal note - as much as I fiended for this drink upon discovering it, the actual experience of drinking wasn't particularly epiphanic. I think my tastes (currently) lie with saisons, so as excellent as Battle Horse is, the lack of effusery in this post is possibly down to some sort of lupulin fatigue syndrome rather than indifference.)

No comments:

Post a Comment