Friday 24 January 2014

Fuller's, Imperial Stout

This imperial stout from Fuller's was the last beer I had over my birthday weekend last year. 500ml of 10.7% abv is quite a drink - it lasted me more of less the whole of Behind The Candelabra. A very solid impy with all the signifiers of a prime example of the genre: thickness, unctuosity, reigning back of the sweet notes, a deference to the centennial hops to ensure a pleasing bitterness. My only very minor reservation was the lack of tar flavoured elements and possibly it could've done with a touch more burnt malt bitterness, but those are purely personal preferences. Unfortunately, when I think of this drink now I almost immediately associate it with Douglas' contorted face getting pushed over the side of the mattress. Shudder.

No comments:

Post a Comment