Thursday 14 November 2013

Brasserie Dupont, Saison Dupont

The archetypal saison? This signature farmhouse ale from Brasserie Dupont smells of lager and pours a beautiful, hazy straw colour. Über fresh and cleanses the palette. Brief bitterness at the back of the tongue. A really nostalgic taste for me so I'm possibly a bit biased towards this one. My second pour had a few spirals of yeast in it, which absolutely in no way detracted from my enjoyment of it (unlike it might do in, say, a bottle conditioned IPA). I'm a total saison novice so I wasn't too sure what to look for - ignorance is bliss I suppose - so I get the feeling I was in the (perhaps slightly enviable?) position to simply enjoy it for what it was rather than scrutinizing the enjoyment away. Argh - just writing this makes me want one...

No comments:

Post a Comment