Tuesday 7 May 2013

London's Brewing 2013

Lots has been said about the organisational problems of London's Brewing 2013. Luckily for me, my brothers queued on my behalf, my wife and I arrived later on, collected our tickets at the door and walked straight in. My main bugbears were beers running out, beers not being available from the start, and, as Matt Curtis pointed out (as did a punter next to me in the keg tent queue) that Weird Beard's Mariana Trench, was not in fact Mariana Trench. Queuing times were, at worst, no longer than you might expect at a busy music festival or even a packed bar in town.

I must confess to grumbling on my arrival - angry punters storming off upon discovering the queues inside may have coloured me slightly - but, after things settled into a vague routine, I ended up sampling some excellent beers (I wasn't particularly adventurous though) had a great time, and ended up quite drunk.

2/3 Redchurch IPA
1/3 Kernel LBA Stout (love this)
2/3 By The Horns Hopslinger (loads better than the last time I had it in a bottle)
2/3 Beavertown Blood Orange IPA (New favourite IPA, my wife loved this. Went back to get some more but it was all gone by then.)
2/3 Windsor and Eton Conqueror
2/3 London Fields Black Frost
2/3 Beavertown Dark Saison thingy

Went on the The Fox after that, but then things went a bit hazy. (Disclaimer: up since 6.30am, minimal lunch, sleep deprived!)

Addended thanks (and sheepish apologies!) to Mr. Plant for putting up with some drunken ramblings about the blood orange drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment