Tuesday 29 January 2013

Moor, Hoppiness

Easily one of my favourite beers at the moment (deserving of an extra photo)! 660ml of fruity bitter goodness. Justin at Moor really knows his onions - I'm not sure I've had anything from him that I haven't liked. I first tried Hoppiness a while back now (more or less on a whim: it's described as part barley wine on the label which I hadn't really experienced and I must admit it wasn't without a certain degree of trepidation that I picked up this particular beer, but I'm extremely glad I did!) and was fortunate enough to be able to get hold of a couple more from Mr Lawrence. Unfined (of course) natural beer, a hazy, burnt orange in colour, frothy head, super nose (zesty and citrusy), and a decent malt smoothness gives way to a blistering long bitter ending. A jolly satisfying drink. Strong at 6.7% and best to share it I reckon! (Well, on a weeknight at least.)

No comments:

Post a Comment