Monday 14 January 2013

Adnams, Ghost Ship

I first had Adnam's Ghost Ship on draft at The Regent in Balham (I think I had this before I went on to the Goose Island). I more or less fell in love with it then and have been on the look out for the bottled version ever since. I'd not seen it about at all (I kind of expected Sainsburys to have it) until I wandered into Boss Man Wines on Lordship Lane, where I bought a couple of bottles. There's a slight carbonation in the bottle as compared to the totally flat draft. It has a distinct fruity nose and is very bitter. I'm not usually very good at all at discerning the fruits in my beers, but even I could taste the lemon in this. Very pleasing, lingering bitter finish that tingles the gums. What I admired about this beer was that it managed to get fruitiness into it and remain an english brew - it isn't really like an APA at all. An absolutely fantastic session beer that I will continue to go back to. (Only slight problem with this perhaps is that the lemon is so prominent that it almost could be reminiscent of those alcopop things.....)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks very much for reviewing our bottled Ghost Ship. We're glad you managed to locate it - your next challenge is to find it in it's new canned form! We also sell our beers online at adnams.co.uk if you want to try some of our other brews such as Tally ho or Innovation

    ReplyDelete